Warren Buffett was interviewed by Becky Quick on CNBC today.
The 7 highlights were:
(1) On Lyft’s IPO: “Buying new offerings during hot periods in the market — I don’t think it’s anything the average person should think about at all.”
(2) “It does look like the pace of increase in the economy has slowed down ..”
(3) Buffett likes Berkshire’s 5 1/2% stake in Apple. Apple doesn’t have to do everything right to succeed.
(4) Berkshire’s recent additional purchase to over a 10% stake in Delta Airlines was a mistake. But Buffett likes that Delta is buying back its shares as well as borrowing to buy back additional shares.
(5) The airline industry used to be suicidal. Now it is still very competitive.
(6) Equities are far more attractive than U.S. Treasury bonds at current interest rates.
(7) Berkshire has made some investment mistakes, but hangs on to its winners.