These are 5 highlights of the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting:
(1) Apple – Both Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger are very bullish on Apple. “We like the fact that it is our largest holding” ($54 billion). They would buy more shares at a lower price.
(2) Amazon – The recent investment by Todd Combs or Ted Weschler is an example that all investing is “value investing”.
(3) Google – Both Buffett and Munger regret not investing in Google at an earlier stage when they were observing the large payments Geico was making to Google for each click as part of its advertising.
(4) Kraft Heinz – Berkshire paid an appropriate price for Heinz but too high a price for Kraft.
(5) Todd and Ted’s portfolios are outperforming Buffett’s portfolio. In addition, Todd oversaw the launch of Berkshire’s joint project with Amazon and J.P.Morgan Chase to lower their health care costs. Ted managed Berkshire’s investment in Home Capital Group in 2017.