Jewish Women International Premiere of I Am Her

The following is from Jewish Women International (JWI) regarding an upcoming production, I Am Her:

“JWI invites you to join us at the premiere of I Am Her, a raw and affecting theatrical work written by Young Women’s Leadership Network member Amanda Moskowitz and produced by 2017 Woman to Watch Mimi Kress – two visionary women who connected through JWI. (Read more in Bethesda Magazine.)

Both timeless and timely, I Am Her validates the pain of sexual trauma by shining light on four separate instances of abuse and violence: Acquaintance rape, sexual harassment, dating abuse, and childhood sexual abuse.

We hope you’ll join us to gain a deeper understanding of the complex and lasting impact of sexual abuse – and stay for an exclusive panel and Q&A with JWI CEO Lori Weinstein after the show.”

You can find tickets for I Am Her here. If you are able to attend, please do, as the production aims to help educate the public on understanding how trauma of various kinds can impact survivors and those around them. Tickets are $25 for young professionals (under 35) and members of Young Women’s Leadership Network, and $36 for JWI supporters (over 35). Here is the event date, location, and time:

Thursday, October 3, 2019, 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Woolly Mammoth Theatre

641 D Street Northwest

Washington, DC, 20004