Under the leadership of Professor of the Practice Stephen Wallenstein, the Center for Financial Policy has partnered with Directors & Boards to support the Private Company Governance Summit in Washington, D.C., May 7-9, 2014. This conference, which will take place at the Dupont Circle Hotel, is ideal for directors, owners, and advisors of family-owned, closely-held and private-equity owned businesses of all sizes.
Session topics include:
- Best practices for the successful private board meeting
- Governance for family-controlled companies
- The use and value of advisory boards
- Committees for private company boards
- Private board composition, evaluation and compensation
- The characteristics of effective private boards
Facilitated peer discussions on:
- Private Company Director Liability
- Mentoring the CEO
- CEO Succession
- Board Independence
- Director Recruiting
- Is your Private Company Board M&A Ready?
- Board Analytics
- Risk Oversight
- Board Strategy
A full schedule can be found at http://www.directorsandboards.com/PCGS2014program.html.