Library and Research Center Volunteer
The Library and Research Center volunteer will work with the Betty Boyd Dettre Library and Research Center (LRC) staff to interact with library visitors and provide access to the LRC’s collections and resources.
- Positive and professional engagement with library visitors at the Reference Desk
- Retrieving books for staff and library visitors
- Assisting with simple reference questions (training will be provided)
- Circulation of materials to museum staff (training will be provided)
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Writing and mailing donation acknowledgement letters
- Assisting with ordering books and supplies
- Filing and organizing artist file material and creating new artist files
- Labeling archival folders and filing in the institutional archives
- Assisting with scanning
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Customer service experience and skills
- Professional, friendly, and positive demeanor
- Knowledge of and comfort with MS Office, internet browsers, and simple database searching
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Reliability and punctuality
At least 2 hours a week. Preference is for a commitment of at least six months. Please specify your availability when applying.
Apply here: https://nmwa.org/department-volunteer-form.
1250 New York Ave., NW
It’s flexible! We’ll work with your schedule.