A day in the life of a University of Maryland MBA Student

Prior to attending Smith School of Business many current students of the program told me how busy one would be once they entered Smith, but nothing could have fully prepared me for the busyness of school life. In order to give you an idea of what my schedule is like I decided to give you a run down of one of my days from this week.

Tuesday November 28th 2017

8:00am -9:00am – Wake up/ Shower and get ready.

9:00am-10:00am – Read case study for Marketing Management class.

10:00am-12:00pm – Meet with my gold group to prepare for presentation taking place Thursday.

12:00pm-12:30pm – Meeting for my Graduate Assistant position.

12:30-1:00pm – Grab lunch at Rudy’s.

1:00pm-2:00pm – Meet with my gold group to write team paper for Strategic Management class.

2:00pm-3:50pm – Finance class.

4:00pm-6:00pm – Read case study for Strategic Management, and start discussion board.

6:00pm-7:00pm –  Meet with gold group to go over team paper for Strategic Management.

7:00pm-8:00pm – Apply to internships. 

8:00pm-11:00pm – Study and finish homework.

This is just a rundown of ONE of my days as a student in the MBA program here at University of Maryland. Each day is different and filled with something new. It is hard because sometimes you feel tired and want to just take a nap, but you do eventually get used to the busyness so much so that when you do have free time it almost feels weird NOT doing anything.

Well that’s all I have for you this time….See you next time!