Having Fun on Campus- Fangyue

Fangyue Cao
Master of Science in Finance

Hello everyone! I’m Fangyue Cao, a second-year Master of Finance student at the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland. I am so excited to tell you about the homecoming carnival I took part in last month!

Have you heard of the homecoming events at our university? The  University organizes several homecoming events every year for alumni, students, and faculty.  This year, in October, we held a Homecoming Terp Carnival which had inflatables, games with great prizes, classic carnival foods, beer garden, music and fireworks show on the McKeldin Mall. Isn’t that great?

On Oct 27th, the Carnival started at 4pm. y friend and I stepped out of  McKeldin Library, and we were immediately attracted by the pretty and busy carnival. There were many games for adults and children, such as the inflatable castle, the connect four (it’s much bigger than what I played before…) and inflatable bowling (much bigger too). Each time you win a game, you can get a ticket, and then you can exchange for different awards using the tickets. I didn’t get many tickets to exchange for awards, but I did see people get yellow T-shirts with the word “homecoming” printed on it. I think that’s cute!

What I really enjoyed was the “photo with costume.” There were glasses, hats, and wigs that you could choose from so you could dress up as Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain America or whatever you want, and then you could take 3 photos with your friends. Photos were printed immediately after being taken are really cute with the Maryland Homecoming logo on them. I’d love to keep it in my notebook.

Although I missed the fireworks and laser light show at 8pm, I received photos from my friends. I should say the fireworks show was really amazing! I believe it is a perfect ending of the carnival for each Maryland students, alumni, and faculty. Looking forward to next homecoming carnival in 2018!