Strengthen your resume, work on fun projects, help plan events, gain leadership experience, and expand your network by joining one of our Committees! All applications must be submitted by April 20th at 12:00 pm.
(1) Part-time MBA Appointed Position – Executive Secretary
The Part-Time MBA Association is actively recruiting for an Executive Secretary to join the team and assist the Part-Time MBA Board. This is a newly created position, which will be appointed by the President. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Scheduling and Calendar Maintenance
- Meeting Minutes
- Recording/Submission of Actionable Task Items
- Organize, Maintain, and Log Records for the PTMBAA Board
- Maintain and Order Office Supplies for the PTMBAA
- Responsible for mail and e-mail to the PTMBAA Board and distribution to the appropriate members
- Leads meetings in the absence of the President-Manage the mailbox and assign emails to board members when appropriate
If interested, please submit a short statement (no more than 250 words) listing your qualifications, why you are interested in serving as the Executive Secretary, and what you will bring to the position and the Part-time MBA Board to Lucas Horne LucasCHorne@gmail.com
(2) Community Development Committee
Use your business skills to contribute towards Smith School’s positive social impact in our surrounding area! Lead community service events, help coordinate the new student orientation and cultivate your innovative ideas for social good. This is a great opportunity to exhibit your leadership skills and social responsibility, while building your network within Smith School and the non-profit sector.
To learn more or to become a committee member, please email Rahul.Shah@rhsmith.umd.edu
(3) Professional Development Committee
We are looking for students who would like to help develop and host professional development events at Smith!
Campus Champions – Looking for liaisons to serve as a point of contact in Baltimore and Shady Grove to voice needs or concerns for specific events and to assist in event planning.
To learn more or to become a committee member, please email Megan.Allums@rhsmith.umd.edu
(3) Marketing Communications Committee
Thinking of a career in Marketing? Interested in applying marketing concepts? Or would you like to further your current Marketing experience? Here are the areas where we still need assistance:
- Newsletter Manager (collect content, format and edit)
- Blogger (collect entries and edit)
To learn more or to become a committee member, please email Winstonn.Tubbs@rhsmith.umd.edu
(5) Shady Grove Committee
Calling all Shady Grove PTMBA Champions! We are looking for leaders who are willing to serve as the voice for Shady Grove students. You will also be involved in the planning, coordinating and marketing of PTMBAA events. This is a great opportunity to connect with fellow Smith School students, improve your communication skills, and contribute towards a positive experience for all PTMBA students.
To learn more or to become a committee member, please email Patrick.Yu@rhsmith.umd.edu