The ROI of a Part Time MBA Degree
One of the first considerations that a working professional should take into account when researching graduate programs is the return on investment (ROI) of the degree. They say an MBA is “an inch deep and a mile wide” making it an excellent degree for someone coming from any industry. Let’s take a deeper look into the ROI of an MBA in the part time space.
The reasons that one may go back for their Part Time MBA varies. Personal development ranks as the driving factor for returning to school, according to 73% of GMAC survey respondents (2016). 59% of MBAs are also motivated by a desire for an increase in salary. The good news is that the MBA delivers on both of these fronts.
Here are some of the latest statistics from the Graduate Management Admission Council’s (GMAC) Alumni Perspectives Report:
* 96% of alumni rated a PT MBA as a good value.
* The vast majority of alumni are satisfied that their MBA degree met their goals of: personal development (95% satisfied), knowledge and skills (93%), and salary increase (81%).
* Business school alumni earn a median of US$2.5 million in cumulative base salary over 20 years after graduation. This is a half-million dollars more than they would earn if they did not go to business school.
* MBA alumni also recouped their investment in two and a half years, on average.
How does the Smith School help our students achieve their ROI? Here are the stats:
- Ranked #1 in Faculty Quality (The Economist, ‘16) Smith courses are taught by world-class faculty who provide our students with the necessary knowledge and skills to reach their academic and professional goals.
- Student work experience averages 2 to 10 years in the part time space. The program’s cohort structure allows Smith students to not only learn from top faculty, but from their peers, too.
- Our on-campus career consultants are a lifetime resource, dedicated to helping current students and alumni reach their short and long-term career goals.
- The Part Time MBA Association engages Smith students socially, professionally, and academically outside of the classroom.
- Ranked #9 Nationwide in Student Satisfaction (Businessweek, ‘16)
To learn more about the Smith School and your ROI, we invite you to chat with an admissions representative at an information session or coffee chat! You can register for an event here.