Campus WiFi Changes
Division of IT will be making changes to the University of Maryland wireless. The following changes are being made:
- eduroam will be the preferred wireless network for students and employees
- umd-guest will continue to be the wireless network for visitors
- umd-iot will be deployed to accommodate Internet of Things (IoT) devices like streaming devices and digital assistants (more details about this new wireless network service are coming soon)
Please note the following dates:
- Beginning July 29, 2019 the umd-secure wireless network will no longer be available
- Beginning August 13, 2019 the umd wireless network will no longer be available
To log into eduroam, you would use your UMD email addess (directoryID@umd.edu) as your login along with your Directory password. If you need assistance with your Directory ID, please contact the IT Service Desk (301-405-1500).
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Smith Service Desk at 301-405-2269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.