REMINDER: Scheduled outage of campus IT services December 27th
To: Smith Community
Dear UMD Community,
During the university’s Winter Break from Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 7 a.m. until Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 7 a.m., there will be an outage of many university IT services. During the outage, the Division of Information Technology will conduct a test of disaster recovery procedures for institutional IT systems. The state’s Office of Legislative Audits requires that disaster recovery planning and testing be conducted annually.
While this test will result in a significant outage of IT systems and services, the following systems will NOT be impacted and will remain in service during the testing:
- Data (including wireless) and voice network and Internet access from campus locations
- G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Education) email and calendar systems serving faculty and staff
- TERPmail student email
- University website (however, some services accessed via the website will not be working)
- The IT Service Center website (itsc.umd.edu)
- Systems operating out of college and department IT facilities
- University Directory login services for systems operating out of college and department IT facilities
The IT Service Desk website, itsc.umd.edu, will provide additional details and updates throughout the semester as this date approaches. If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk at 301.405.1500 or email@example.com.
Associate Vice President and Deputy Chief Information Officer