New opportunities have been marked with an asterisk.
- National Career Fair, Wednesday, November 7th, 11am-2pm, DoubleTree Crystal City, Arlington, VA.
- Baltimore Business Leaders Meetup, Thursday, November 8th, 5:30pm – 8:30pm, The Center Club, Baltimore, MD. Join Dr. Oliver Schlake, Clinical Professor at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, for a discussion on the Industrial Revolution 4.0. Learn about how your business and personal life will be impacted by the emerging technologies that will change our world entirely.
Smith Doctoral Programs Information Session, Thursday, November 8th, 6:30pm, VMH 1307. Hear about: Why a PhD? – Why a PhD in Business and Management? – Why a career in research?
- Veterans Networking Event, Thursday November 8th, 5:30 – 7:30pm, Lobby Bar in The Hotel at UMD. Join TERP Veterans for some appetizers and drinks at the first Veterans Networking event, as fellow veterans and supporters, from students to corporate partners, get to know each other.
- *Maryland Cybersecurity Career & Education Fair, Friday, November 9th, 10am -2pm, Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD. The Cybersecurity Association of Maryland, Inc. (CAMI) and Universities at Shady Grove invite you to attend their November 9 & 10 Maryland Cybersecurity Career & Education Fair. Join us for two dynamic days that put on display why Maryland is where cyber works. Friday will feature a career and education fair, connecting cybersecurity job seekers with opportunities across the state of Maryland. No charge to attend!
- Fearless Conversations in Career Exploration, Tuesday, November 13th, 6 – 8pm, The Clearing, Washington, DC. Join UM Alums for a moderated conversation with alumnus Deborah Flores, BSOS ’09, as she shares her experience in exploring over 30 careers in just 3 short months! Tap into her journey of self-discovery that ultimately led her to the job of her dreams, and uncover what she did to steer her path in a new direction.
- VeteransCONNECT Virtual Job Fair, November 12-16th. A Virtual Job Fair is designed to bring employers and job seekers together to exchange valuable information for recruitment purposes and to explore potential fits.
- *U.S. Office of Personnel Management – Interview Techniques, Wednesday, November 14th, 3 – 4:15pm, Virtual. This presentation introduces the audience to the interview process within the Federal government. It explains the types of interviews, delivery methods, types of common questions, responding utilizing the S.T.A.R (Situation/Task, Action, Result) method, and how to also prepare for an interview.
- National Virtual Career Fair for Veterans, Tuesday, November 20th, 12pm – 4pm (Eastern). Online Recruiting Event Open to all US Military Job Seekers and Spouses.
- *BestHire Career Fair, Wednesday, November 28th, 11am – 2pm, Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, Washington, DC.
- *DC Tech Holiday Mixer, Thursday, November 29th, 6 – 9pm, Service Bar DC, Washington, DC. weconnect® events are comprised of the most influential professionals in the area. Our purpose is to help our members forge strong, lasting relationships within the community – combining Fortune 500/1000s with Entrepreneurs and Startups. We’re creating unique opportunities & connections to help you grow your business and network both offline and online through our proprietary platform (coming soon).
- *Holiday DC Bourbiz – Veteran Success Resource Group & The GCO Consulting Group, Thursday, November 29th, 5:30 – 8pm, Kilpatrick Stockton Townsend, Washington, DC. Veterans, Active Duty, Military Spouses. Free for all to attend. Come network with vast community resources for personal and professional development in a high energy, fun environment. BourBiz offers our signature sampling of more than 20 different types of Bourbon, Whiskey, Wine, and Scotch during the event, as well as meet and greet opportunities with decorated veterans, sports stars, and other notable personalities.
- 2019 Labor Capital Strategies Fellowship program with Georgetown University. The Fellowship serves business, economics, labor, law and other students from various universities. The mission of the Fellowship is to: accelerate the next generation of responsible investors and capital stewards, and create a diverse talent pipeline for the financial sector. This is an 8-week paid fellowship ($5,000) for the summer with capital strategy teams in responsible investment and impact funds, unions or NGOs. The stipend covers the cost of living in DC, NYC or other communities. Rolling application reviews will begin November 26th. Final deadline for applications is February 1, 2019.
- Boston Career Forum, Friday, November 9th – Sunday, November 11th, Hynes Convention Center, Boston, MA. World’s largest job fair for Japanese-English Bilinguals.
- 10th Annual Asian MBA Career Expo, Friday, November 16th, Metropolitan Pavilion, New York, NY. The AMBA Annual Event is the longest running and largest event of its kind empowering future Asian American leaders while providing companies wonderful opportunities to recruit top talent from this highly coveted pool of candidates.
- *MIT 23rd EUROPEAN CAREER FAIR, Saturday, February 16th, 9am – 4pm, Johnson Athletic Center, MIT, Boston/Cambridge, MA. The Career Fair is an annual recruiting event, organized by members of the European Club at MIT. Our mission is to connect top-tier US students and young professionals with European companies, universities and non-profit organizations, and to inform about career opportunities in Europe.
- *Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE) is now accepting applications for its 2019 Business Fellowship Program. FASPE is an intensive, two-week study program in professional ethics and ethical leadership taking place in Berlin, Krakow, and Oswiecim. By studying professional ethics at the sites of Nazi actions, our Fellows experience the importance of professional ethics in an immersive, powerful, and personal way. The Fellowship is fully funded, and we will be awarding Business Fellowships to 12-18 graduate business students and early-career business professionals. 2019 Program Dates: May 25 – June 7, 2019 – Business, Journalism and Law. Application DEADLINE for FASPE Business: Friday, December 28, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.
- *Sports Industry Networking & Career Conference, February 22-23, George Washington University, Washington, DC. SINC is the premier sports industry conference where hundreds of students come together to learn about the sports industry and network with well-known leaders from across the industry. At SINC you will connect with friends and colleagues, and meet sports industry professionals in a buzzing, high-energy setting designed specifically for peer-to-peer networking. Early Bird registration before January 15, 2019.
- *Merck Biopharma Innovation Cup, June 23 – 29, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Travel, accommodation and food expenses paid by Merck KGaA. Thirty students will be selected and invited to join a week-long summer camp to work together in a highly stimulating environment. Work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the fields: oncology, immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, small molecules drug discovery, protein engineering and screening, digitalization. Evaluate your ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan. Applications are open for the Biopharma Innovation Cup 2019 from November 1st to January 31st 2019.
- *2019 Labor Capital Strategies Fellowship program with Georgetown University. The Fellowship serves business, economics, labor, law and other students from various universities. The mission of the Fellowship is to: accelerate the next generation of responsible investors and capital stewards, and create a diverse talent pipeline for the financial sector. This is an 8-week paid fellowship ($5,000) for the summer with capital strategy teams in responsible investment and impact funds, unions or NGOs. The stipend covers the cost of living in DC, NYC or other communities. Rolling application reviews will begin November 26th. Final deadline for applications is February 1, 2019.
- *Spring Career and Internship Fair, February 20, 21 and 22, Noon – 5pm, Stamp Student Union, UMCP. The Fair provides all UMD students and alumni with an opportunity to meet face-to-face with employers to discuss internship, full-time and part-time employment opportunities. Each day has different employers in attendance, so be sure to view the list of attendees and plan ahead. The Fair is open to: Current students and spouses, Alumni and spouses, and Shady Grove campus students (from UMCP).