And just like that … it was the second year of my MBA. The past few months have been a whirlwind, so here’s a brief catch-up of what I’ve been up to:
- Early May: we wrapped up exams, and sent off the class of 2014 in style, complete with a final banquet and other Smith MBA traditions. Being such a small community, this is an important occasion and everyone gets involved – including the administration.
- Late May: I participated in a Global Business Project consulting trip to China. Four other MBAs from various schools and I provided market analyses to a large hotel company to help drive their international strategy.
- June – August: I spent my summer interning in New York, living on the Upper East Side of Manhattan with two fellow Smith MBAs.
- Mid-August: The first years have arrived! Since I was on the orientation planning committee, I spent some time on campus working with faculty and staff, organizing and implementing orientation programming.
- This week: It’s back to class. This term, I’m taking three really interesting courses – Games of Strategy and Decision Making, Financial Restructuring (mergers and acquisitions), and the Global Economic Environment. Should be fun!