We are less than two weeks away from the 6th installment of the Workshop on Health IT & Economics and the excitement is building. For anyone who aims to understand the current and emerging research on health IT adoption, impact and policy this event is not to be missed.
In addition to the cutting edge research sessions, keynote speakers will provide participants the latest insights on topics such as:
- From the United States Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Kate Goodrich will be discussing the exciting policy developments and applications coming from the Quality Measurement and Value-Based Incentives Group. Quality measurement and value-based incentives is at the core of the nation’s health transformation journey. A deep dive panel follows this session into quality transparency featuring leaders fostering new and traditional transparency efforts.
- Glenn Tobin, CEO of the Crimson, The Advisory Board, will share his perspectives developed from supporting many of nation’s hospitals and health systems in driving care, cost, and quality outcomes improvements through physician-focused analytics technology and services. He is also the former COO of Cerner.
- Jonathan Kolstad from UC-Berkeley will share his perspectives as a top scholar investigating the intersection of health economics, industrial organization and public economics. He is also Chief Data Scientist of Picwell, a venture-backed organization helping people pick the ideal health plan for themselves and their families.
Research presentations from thought leaders from top universities such as Harvard Medical School, Carnegie Mellon, Notre Dame, Johns Hopkins, University of Maryland, University of Arizona, University of Virginia, University of Texas Health Sciences, Northwestern University and many more will be covering topics such as:
- Advanced Analytics in Care Delivery
- Health IT’s Impact of Care Quality
- EMR and Reimbursement
- Health IT Adoption
- Information and Health Services Efficiency
- Technology for Social Good in Healthcare
- Mobile Health
WHITE 2015 is presented by the Center for Health Information and Decision Systems at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, with support from the United States Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and our sponsors.
The event is October 9-10th at the Washington Court Hotel near the U.S. Capitol in D.C. CHIDS blog / LinkedIn contact special discount code, use “100OFF” to save $100 on registration.
What are you waiting for? Register now at http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/chids/white. Hope you can join the fun!