If you enjoyed the 2014 Social Enterprise Symposium, then you’re going to love what’s in store for 2015! Take your experience to a whole new level by connecting and engaging more deeply as an Event Volunteer! In this role you’ll meet students from across the University of Maryland and beyond, as the 2015 Symposium will coincide with the 2015 Ashoka U Exchange (Feb.26-28) – the world’s largest gathering of social entrepreneurship in higher education. UMD is the lead host of the 2015 Exchange and on Friday, February 27, the Symposium will be the featured student programming track of this exciting international event. To get the most out of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Volunteers can give a portion of their time to the Symposium (Feb. 27), and another portion to the Ashoka U Exchange (Feb 26 & 28).
Not quite convinced? Here are 5 reasons why YOU should get involved:
- Meet awesome people. The Social Enterprise Symposium and AshokaU Exchange attract some of the brightest, most dynamic people you’d ever have the pleasure to meet. On top of making new (read: awesome) friends, some volunteers will assist speakers before and after sessions. Can you say networking opportunity!? One of these speakers is the Director for Social Innovation and Impact for TOM’s shoes!
- Free food! If you’re volunteering during a time that overlaps the lunch hour, you get to dig in for a tasty feast. We’ll also have an evening networking reception with delicious desserts.
- Save big bucks. Were you thinking about attending the AshokaU Exchange, but couldn’t come up with the $475 registration fee? Volunteer on either Thursday (Feb.26) or Saturday (Feb.28) and gain access to attend the other day FOR FREE.
- Free t-shirt. Volunteers for both events get an awesome free t-shirt to remember the event!
- Build credibility. The Social Enterprise Symposium is a signature event of the University of Maryland. The AshokaU Exchange is the hallmark gathering for aspiring social entrepreneurs. Be an integral part of these important events, and have something to brag about to your friends and potential employers.
So, are you ready to volunteer? We’ll be hosting an info session Wednesday December 3rd at 6pm in the Portico(Room 2109) on the second floor of Mckeldin Library (more free food!) If you’re interested in volunteering for either of these events, email email@example.com with your name and availability.
The Ashoka U Exchange will take place February 26-28, 2015, in Washington, DC and College Park, MD. The 7th Annual Social Enterprise Symposium (SES) will take place Friday February 27, 2015 at the Stamp Student Union as a featured component of the Exchange.