About Damien

Damien Power, MBA Candidate 2013

Damien Power, MBA Candidate 2013

My name is Damien and I am a 30 year-old “second year” in the full time MBA program. Before coming to Smith, I worked in brand manager for a nonprofit organization in Washington, DC. I came to Smith after I decided that I wanted to learn more about the quantitative and strategic arms of brand management. While at Smith, I have paired classes in marketing research, strategy, and pricing along with brand classes.

Over the summer, I worked on an analytics project for CORT Furniture rental. I reviewed data and lifted out insights that would increase sales in one of CORT’s business lines. I continue to work with CORT this year on a similar project.

Over the course of the year, I will blog about life as a Smith student and relate my experiences to the year I spent preparing to enter the Smith MBA program. There is a lot to cover and, if you are anything like me, there will be a lot questions. Please use this blog as a resource while you move toward an MBA, and ask questions in the comments section.

Share