Tips for Finals and the Best Asset to bring to your MBA!

It is hard to believe that the end of our first term is already here. While 7 weeks have flown by and it is safe to say that I have learned quite a few things in my classes, it is hard to also to prepare myself mentally for the rigors of Final exams.

Part of the issue is that I have so many different demands on my time (classwork, job hunting, fun to reduce stress, exercise, etc.). But I guess it is better to be busy than bored! Looking over the past few weeks, I think the hardest parts have been shifting from being in a non-school environment and mentality back into a school mentality, as well as really fine tuning my time management skills. With so much to do and very little time, these are two things that I would counsel any prospective MBA student to brush up on.

I think it is important to realize that an MBA is a marathon interspersed with short sprint segments. I think it is ideal to make sure that you are able to withstand the rigors of classwork and find a balance between schoolwork and life. Perhaps the best asset you can bring with you into an MBA is not job knowledge or relevant work skills (though important), but it is your support network of friends and family (and I would also encourage you to actively work on expanding this network while in school with classmates). In preparing for final exams I am using my support network to help me feel relaxed and less stressed as well as helping me study.

Hope these tips help and thank you for reading!