About the Bloggers – Winter & Spring 2016

To see the biographies of our bloggers from Fall 2015, click here.

BridgetBloggerBridget Hollenbeck Maryland-in-Rome, Semester Abroad.

Hey everyone! My name is Bridget Hollenbeck and I am a double major in Marketing and Psychology at the University of Maryland. I’ve always known I wanted to go abroad and am so excited to be finally experiencing it. I have a strong desire to work in the fashion industry, and living in Rome for a semester will give me exposure to European fashion trends and Milan and Paris Spring Fashion Week, but you can’t forget the GREAT food. I cannot wait to begin my adventure and look forward to you following along with me through this blog!

11403233_10204614190374824_1463049479962264027_n

Samantha Griffith Maryland-in-Rome, Semester Abroad.

My name is Samantha and I am a junior Marketing and Supply Chain Management double major at Smith. Ever since I started looking at colleges, I knew that I wanted to study abroad. I look forward to spending 4 months in the beautiful and historic city of Rome, Italy. I have always had a passion for traveling and I’m so excited to be immersed in a whole new culture! I can’t wait take on this new adventure!

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 10.32.54 AMSarah Gross Maryland-in-Rome, Semester Abroad.

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah and I am a marketing major as well as a member of the strategic design and innovation Fellows program at the business school! I am going to Rome for the spring semester and cannot wait to share my experiences with you. I’ve always loved traveling and learning about new things, so this was the perfect time for me to do just that. I hope to learn a lot about the Italian culture, see artwork, and eat some food. Follow along on my adventures! Ciao!

unnamed-2Courtney Dillman Maryland-in-Barcelona, Semester Abroad.

Hi everyone! My name is Courtney and I am a junior majoring in Accounting and Management and minoring in Spanish. I’ll be completing my Spanish minor in Spain! Studying abroad has been something I’ve known I wanted to do since I was young and it was never of a question of if I’d go abroad, just where I’d go. I’m spending January through April studying at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona where I’ll be taking 2 Spanish courses and 2 Management courses. Afterwards, I’ll be traveling for a week or two. I can’t wait to try all of the food and experience everything Europe has to offer.

24be6bdRoger Reich Maryland-in-Copenhagen, Semester Abroad.

Howdy everyone! My name is Roger and I am a junior majoring in Finance. I am excited to spend 5 months in Copenhagen at the Copenhagen School of Business. I have been looking forward to this semester for awhile and cannot wait to share my experiences!

imageGrace Yang National Taiwan University, Semester Abroad.

Hi, my name is Grace and I am a sophmore Accounting and Marketing major at Smith. I have been excited about study abroad opportunities since high school and I have also been captivated by Taiwan’s film culture, so I’m excited that I will be spending a semester abroad in Taiwan. I look forward to this exciting adventure as I become familiar with the local culture and experience a new and different lifestyle.

Blog Profile PicLaura Tenbus UMD Winter: Germany in the New Europe.

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I’m a Marketing and Supply Chain double major. I’ve wanted to study abroad pretty much since I knew what it was, so I’m very excited that I have the opportunity to travel to Germany this winter. I’m very involved with the choral program at Maryland and one of the things I’m really looking forward to is exploring the rich musical history that comes from Germany. I can’t wait to immerse myself in the culture of this incredible country.

Cherry BlossomsKirby Rhodes UMD Winter: Southeast Asia: Global Immersion Experience.

Hi everyone! My name is Kirby Rhodes and I am a sophomore pursuing a dual degree in Finance and Public Health Science. Traveling is my passion, and I am excited be spending my winter break visiting Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam. Four countries, six flights, four currencies, and all the food I can eat in two weeks; let the adventure begin!