Shantan Sawa – Business Analyst – Bank of America
Good Day MS Students,
Please join Smith Alum, Shantan Sawa as he shares his journey working at Bank of America!
Shantan Sawa is presently a Business Analyst for Bank of America’s Sales & Performance Business Intelligence Team. In his role, he provides tactical and operational support to Global Commercial & Investment Banking Client Coverage Teams for Customer Relationship Management. This entails:
- Delivering product-specific analytics and forecasting on business defined metrics (Revenue, Capital, Exposure, etc.) through interactive dashboards and Portfolio Views.
- Leveraging Data Mining techniques such as Clustering and Association Mining to identify cross-selling opportunities for client’s Product Portfolio Management.
- Delivering enhancements to Bank of America’s enterprise self-servicing reporting platform to provide effective BI Capabilities on Sales, Deals/Pipeline, Calls, Activity data.
Prior to joining Bank of America, Shantan received an MS Information Systems degree from the #10 ranked University of Maryland, Smith School of Business. During his tenure at Smith, he served in several functions:
- Executive Vice President, Operations, Smith Masters Student Association (SMSA)
- Admissions Ambassador, Smith Masters Admissions Office
- Creative Head, Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) ISF
Shantan’s coursework included a variety of projects the produced actionable insights based on business strategy fundamentals and advanced data analytics techniques, including:
- Online Ad Campaign Strategy and Optimization for Northern Virginia Family Services (NVFS) using Google AdWords analytics.
- Prediction and Classification of AirBnb Property Listings using the CountVectorizer function and Gradient Boosting Algorithm to improve booking rates for under-performing properties.
- Business Investment Competitive Analysis and Recommendation using Porter’s Five Forces, VRIN, and examination of strategic IT investment decisions implemented by the firm over time.
When: Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
Time: 6:00PM – 7:00PM ET
Virtually (Zoom): Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://rhsmith-umd.zoom.us/j/92649420659?pwd=dGhoT2h5MkdqZXhleHB6MDZrcUJaZz09 Password: BeFearless Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +13017158592,92649420659# or +16465588656,92649420659#