Mohit Shroff – Business Intelligence Manager – Microsoft
Good Day MS Students,
Please join Smith Alum, Mohit Shroff as he shares his journey working at Microsoft!
Mohit Shroff is a Product Intelligence Manager with Microsoft in Redmond, Washington. In his role, he coordinates program development of computer software applications. His work spans the product life cycle and includes owning or contributing to the vision and strategy creation for the product or service, designing all areas of the product or service, and managing implementation to support the product or service release. He identifies the customer and/or partner needs in order to create specifications, designs, or plans for software feature areas or projects.
Prior to joining Microsoft, Mohit worked in Technology Advisory at EY following a Summer Internship program with the firm. Some noteworthy accomplishments during his tenure at EY:
- Developed a 2016 Oscars Awards predictive model with colleagues to predict the best movie, best actor and best actress categories by comparing keywords in cultural publications (Hollywood, news and culture sections of Vanity Fair and LA times) and mapping them to movie reviews from IMDb and rotten tomatoes.
- Transformed learning team’s archaic Excel-based reporting into Tableau based visualizations to quickly and easily decipher employees who have not completed mandatory training. Reduced the cycle time for generating these lists every week from 6 man-hours to a few mouse clicks.
- Spearheaded a special client engagement for a global athletic shoe manufacturer to identify and incorporate social media analysis with internal demand data to uncover customer behavior.
Mohit received an MS Information Systems degree from the #10 ranked University of Maryland, Smith School of Business. During his tenure at Smith, he served in several functions:
- Board Member – Graduate Student Representative, Adele Stamp Student’s Union, University of Maryland
- Graduate Council Member, Robert H. Smith School of Business Academic Integrity Council
- Track Representative, Robert H. Smith School of Business, MS Information Systems
Mohit’s coursework included a variety of projects the produced actionable insights based on business strategy fundamentals and advanced data analytics techniques, including:
- Analysis of variation in oil price using data mining techniques in R
- Dataflow Architecture: Advisory Group Specializing In Optimization Analytics For Restaurants
- Strategic Planning Scoping Study of Telecommunications in Mozambique
- Development: Classroom Scheduling System
- Analysis of MOOC Impact on Global Learning
When: Tuesday, May 19th, 2020
Time: 11:00AM – 12:00PM ET
Virtually (Zoom): Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://rhsmith-umd.zoom.us/j/92649420659?pwd=dGhoT2h5MkdqZXhleHB6MDZrcUJaZz09 Password: BeFearless Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +13017158592,92649420659# or +16465588656,92649420659#
Ashwini Setlur – Business Systems Analyst – FedEx
Good Day MS Students,
Please join Smith Alum, Ashwini Setlur as she shares his journey working at FedEx!
Ashwini Setlur is a Business Systems Analyst with FedEx Services in Memphis, Tennessee. She is a part of the data engineering and solution development team that supports the Customer Experience Workforce Management and Operations. Her job entails:
- Analysis of existing business processes to identify automation opportunities and the development of data collection applications.
- Providing process improvement recommendations to standard weekly and monthly resource planning procedures.
- Development of audit procedures, reporting tools and dashboards to support Customer Representative Workforce Planning, Scheduling and day-to-day operations.
Ashwini shares a strong rapport with her current team as she previously worked with them as a Strategy and Analytics intern during the summer of 2018. Her summer project involved the analysis of over 1000 customer-specific instruction files to derive a unified format to support quick tagging, search and retrieval of information by FedEx Premier Customer Service representatives.
Ashwini received her Master’s Degree in Information Systems from the #10 ranked University of Maryland, Smith School of Business.
When: Wednesday 05/20/2020,
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Register on HireSmith
Virtual: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +13017158592,92633824737# or +16465588656,92633824737#
+1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
+1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
+1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
+1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
+1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 926 3382 4737
International numbers available: https://rhsmith-umd.zoom.us/u/aNYZtBThF
Zoom offers 24×7 support (including holidays) via:
Online submission via https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new
Chat via https://zoom.us
Phone dial-in +1.888.799.9666 ext 2 or +1.650.397.6096 ext 2