Professional Development Opportunities- Wenting

Hello readers, and thanks for taking time to read my blog! My name is Wenting Qiu, a second year MS in Supply Chain Management student at the Smith School of Business.

Wenting Qiu

Wenting Qiu

At the beginning of the first semester at Smith School, I told myself not only to improve academic knowledge and skills, but also to make the most out of the MS program. As an outgoing person who enjoys taking challenges and changes, I have been actively involved in the APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) UMD Student Chapter as VP of External Relationships. Now I can proudly tell everyone that I have successfully made this one and half year as an exciting, life changing experience!

At the beginning of the fall semester of 2016, APICS International Conference 2016 was happening at Washington DC! As a 4-Day professional conference for people in the Supply Chain field with more than 2,000 attendees across 50 countries, it is one of the vision opening event with intense educational sessions, professional guest speakers around the world as well as great networking opportunities.

AIPCS Conference

APICS Conference

Guest speakers including Bill McDermott (CEO of SAP), Mel Robbins (Commentator and Legal Analyst, CNN) and many more industry professionals! It is a great opportunity to step out of the classroom and experience the “real” business world!

There was one student session specifically for college student leaders which you can meet people at your age! Also a career fair was held at the conference with on-site interviews taking for students only. Certainly this was a perfect real world experience to learn and meet people, not only students but many more professionals around the world!

I almost forgot to mention that regular student ticket is more than $150 and 15 students in our MS in Supply Chain Management class were sponsored to attend this APICS International Conference. Isn’t that great?!