More Than Just a Master’s Degree-Bryce

Hey! My name is Bryce Trezise and I’m a Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) student at the Robert H. Smith School of Business. During undergrad, I majored in economics with minors in business and statistics here at the University of Maryland.

I must have had 50+ people ask me what I think about my studies of business analytics at Smith. My answer has always been the same. It’s a fantastic program at an amazing school with unbelievably helpful faculty! The MSBA was designed to build students from the ground-up to prepare them for the shift towards data-driven decision-making in today’s business environment.

I chose the MSBA because I felt my undergraduate studies had not adequately equipped me with the tools I needed to be successful in today’s (let alone the future’s) world of business. Smith offers a program that balances the technical, analytical, and management skills astute decision makers require in the world of data in which we live. So far, I’ve taken classes in optimization, business communication, data processing and analysis in Python, and big data and artificial intelligence, just to name a few. I love how the MSBA gives its students depth, breadth, and real-world, hands-on experience in the world of business analytics! It has offered me everything I had hoped to get from a master’s program!

Yet one of the MSBA’s biggest benefits is one I had not expected: the bonds and network I formed with people from all over the world. The program is teeming with diversity! With such a diverse pool of students comes a multitude of new perspectives that extends beyond the classroom. I have had the opportunity and pleasure to experience cultures different from my own. Smith’s staff organized a Diwali party in November and has a Chinese New Year Celebration coming up this week! Who knows where your connections will take you? Maybe you will holiday in Taiwan after friends from the program invite you to visit! The relationships you make now will carry over to your career. Before you know it, you’ll have friends on every continent!

So, to wrap all of this up in one sentence: I’m thrilled with my decision to attend Smith, and I’m sure you will be too!