TAKING ADVANTAGE OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT SMITH-Isaac

I am Isaac Aidoo, a first-year student of the Master of Science in Supply Chain Management. I was born in Ghana( Africa) and attended Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology for my undergraduate degree.

Just like any other applicant, my initial question to the admission office was how easy will it be to get a job after/within the school. Also, as an ambassador, I have encountered this question in several discussions on LinkedIn.

Usually, my response has been that the opportunities are there to take advantage of. The Smith School has a robust and effective Office of Career Services (OCS) that meets the needs of all students. These are experienced and seasoned career coaches brought together to enhance the student career search experience.

The career service office organizes several fairs with the big events in the fall and spring semesters. This is an opportunity for students to showcase themselves to the job market. Luckily, for the Smith School, we have almost all the big companies including Amazon and Deloitte, amongst many others, coming to interact with students.

Moreover, there is a yearly event focusing on the Big 4: KPMG, PWC, Deloitte, and EY. These companies spend time with students including discussing their individual company’s job application process. I encourage all students to please take advantage of this event as several students have been able to secure interviews and job opportunities through this.

Finally, the almighty career website-“HIRESMITH” serves as a resource available to students. This is a website developed and managed by the career office. Fortunately, I secured my first job interview as a student through this website and would urge everyone to be a patron as it is updated daily with opportunities.